An annual Busy Bee Hive tradition!
There’s no better place to experience the magic of an autumn night than at the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze. Now keep in mind there are two local locations you can go to take part of this memorable family experience. Van Cortlandt Manor which sits along the Croton River and provides the perfect 18th-century backdrop for this annual fall spectacle. Or walk the spooky dark grounds of Old Bethpage Village in Long Island.
No matter which location you choose you will be amazed to see more than 7,000 illuminated jack o’lanterns light up the night! Visitors are blown away by the work and artistry of each hand-carved pumpkin and every year there’s an additional wonder to inspire—a medieval castle, signs of the zodiac, and the Pumpkin Zee Bridge were some of the recent must-see displays.
- The reservation only, time slots were great. Less crowded wait times.
- The crowds kept moving at a nice pace.
- We were all spaced out and enjoyed the leisurely stroll.
- The grounds are dark for little ones to navigate. Highly recommend children 3 and under to be carried or in a stroller.
- Hit Dollar Tree for some festive glow sticks to help light the way.
- The grounds are overall smooth and easy to get through. Some patches here and there were a little bumpy/muddy to get through with the stroller, so keep that in mind.
- Also, only bathroom facilities were port-a-potties. Although well maintained, I know some little ones are not a fan so plan accordingly.
- Always something new to see, fun night for the whole family!
** The opinions expressed here are of our own. We were not compensated in any shape or form in exchange for this post. **