We have all been there before…. your little one comes home at 3pm and tells you “guess what” I can wear a festive shirt for Halloween spirit day tomorrow at school. Except you don’t have one!!!! Now what? Have no fear this quick, cheap & easy craft will save the day!
- Spray Bottle mix with 50% water, 50% bleach
- Blank Shirts (we opted to use black for this project)
- Dollar Tree festive wood stencils
- The larger stencils have a whole on top where string hands from. We cut the string out and placed a piece of tape there to cover it, so we wouldn’t end up with a whole in our designs.
- Spraying close to the shirt gives you a more solid design such as the middle shirt. The girls sprayed further away and it was more of a sprinkled looked.
- We did this on a sunny day so the shirts dried super quick. We flipped them over and did the back, so both sides have designs.
- We did this on the grass and although flat it wasn’t the smoothes. Putting the stencils on and off caused the shirts to move slightly. It really didn’t affect our designs but just something to keep in mind when doing this, make sure the shirt is smooth.
- Once the shirts were dried they smelled like bleach. So I did a quick wash with just the shirts in there and then dried them too.
The kids are super proud of their work and can’t wait to wear them. We have them just laying around waiting for their official debut and we keep getting compliments when people stop by. The best one was another parent asked me where we bought such cool Halloween shirts! Dollar Tree for the win!!